This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

May 23, 2012

Nose flute orchestras

What do you call an orchestra ? Intuitively, I would say there must be, at minimum, 3 members. So, a nose flute orchestra should gather at least 3 nose flutes. We all know the great Slappy Feather Whistle Nose Flute Ensemble from Canada, the German Original Oberkreuzberger Nasenflötenorchester or the defunct Swedish Nose Flute Orchestra. But they are many nose flute bands, more or less ephemeral.

The most beautiful of it certainly is the ISE association gathering, immortalized here, and in which picture I count 54 nose flutists :



Well, I took a tour of Youtube, and for the best and the worst, have attempted an exhaustive gathering of them.


3 players :



4 players :



5 players :



6 players :



7 players :



8 players :



9 players and more :

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, noseflute.org for sharing those jewels with us. Tell me, did you watch all of them completely? (I did not manage all in one go - had to stop some.....) My conclusion: quantity does not always beat quality....
    I would love to know if there is any ensemble playing in the ise association?
    yours sincerely, nosy diva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Nosymusic,

    Yes I watched all of them, but not in one shot : I collect them one by one for months! Yes, some people would need to learn a bit more :)
    The ISE association *is* an ensemble. They play together...
    If your question is "do they produce themselves in public performances?", I cannot answer. Maybe Sho could give us an answer.

    ReplyDelete