This blog is dedicated to the sublime instruments called nose flutes and which produce the most divine sound ever. We have chosen to discard all the native models from S. Pacific and Asia, for they need fingering to be played. We'll concentrate on "buccal cavity driven" nose flutes : the well patented and trademarked metal or plastic ones, plus, by a condemnable indulgence, some wooden craft or home-made productions.

Aug 9, 2012

Happy Birthday - Part 1: Thanks and Videos

Today is the Noseflute.org Birthday!! Yes, on August 9, last year, I was posting this first "inaugural post" with my first stupid nose flute video.

When I begin the blog, I was not sure it would last more than a couple of month, by lack of info and mostly by absence of readers. So, thanks to you all who read the blog, thanks to those who are used posting videos, and thanks to all of you who helped me by a mean or another, notably, my sweet Nosy Diva and Mr. Maikel Mei! I wish also to thank the nose flute makers, and particularly Mr. Chris Schuermans, Mr. Kunio Katada and Ms. Kanae Miyazaki who were very generous with me, sending their jewels to me. Thank you to all my many friends in nosefluting, including Brian, Chiou, Jun, Luis, Nicolas, Ralf, Sho, Will, and so many other...

Have you ever wonder why the "Happy Birthday" theme is the music the most played on the nose flute? I suppose it's because lots of people received a nose flute for their birthday, and when they begin to play it, they hum the first thing that pops up in their head. Here is my prefered version, by Jkobster :



But there are so so many Happy Birthday cover with nose flutes, for the better and the worst! Have a look :

4 comments:

  1. ¡Feliz cumpleaños noseflute.org!.

    Great job this past year Antoine. Thank you.

    LOL, I have a "Happy Birthday" video in cardboard nose flute.

    Luis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!
    Happy Noseflute!
    Happy Antoine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Luis! I'll try to continue the same way

    ReplyDelete